Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wisdom and Understanding

Every morning, I spend time reading the bible and dwelling on topics it discusses. In this way, I expand my knowledge, understanding, and wisdom daily. The bible is the only solid standing truth that we have on this earth--everything else is devised by man, who is just as unwise as I am. Because the bible is from God, we can trust it to be all-knowledgeable and all-wise.

Proverbs directly deals with the acquisition of wisdom, understanding, and knowledge (very similar to knowledge management!). According to Proverbs 1:7, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." I believe when we humble ourselves and allow God speak to us, we are able to expand in knowledge and wisdom. Most of the time growing up, I have found that I am wrong. The ability to accept God's discipline, and consequently his wisdom over my own, is a technique that I have had to develop over time. I still work on it daily. It strengthens me and makes my way absolutely perfect. That is how the fear of God is the beginning of knowledge in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. We can learn so much from the bible. This is simimlar to "knowledge transfer" if we only will listen.

    ReplyDelete