Friday, February 19, 2010

Social Technographics Profile

As I was reading through the book, Groundswell, I have been thinking a good bit about my social technographics profile. This blog is not the first one that I have had, but I haven't updated one regularly in a while. I am a member of quite a few social sites, where I generally do not post new information, but rather comment on other people's content. This leans me towards the profiles of a Joiner and Critic. According to the book, this puts me within 45% and 59% of the rest of the 18-27 male population. Overall, the book has made some interesting evaluations involving the online profiles. I would assess the idea that people desire to connect, to create, to stay in touch, and to help each other as universal emotions that drive people to the groundswell as accurate. It is also interesting to see the different cultures' relative participation in the groundswell. This new idea of reaching the consumer from the groundswell is revolutionary, but is profound in that it connects them to the product at a whole new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment