Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Purchasing a Home

This month I have really been considering purchasing my first home. I have rented either an apartment or house for my entire life, and the current stimulus bill offers me $8,000 in tax savings towards this purchase if I have a signed contract before April 30th. Based on my research, I would also have to close on the house by June 30th.

I have found that there are many different things to consider when buying your first home. Some of the essential considerations are the mortgage and payments, property tax, insurance, PMI (if applicable), interest and principle portions, crime rates, proximity to the interstates, school districts, the pricing of the house itself, and working with banks and realtors. This is very intimidating! I do not know how I would be able to manage all this without all of the valuable knowledge and wisdom I have gained in my classes. I feel like most people that make these decisions, do it without fully understanding all of the data that is put in front of them. It is absolutely necessary to have knowledge in order to create information from data. This is the application of knowledge management to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment