Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Enterprise 2.0


I have finally made some headway into the chapters my group will be presenting for Saturday from the Enterprise 2.0 book. The executive summary of these two chapters would be...

Chapter 3 takes a step back in time, and describes how the new collaborative technologies and communities on the internet appeared, and also that they were radical departures of previous communities, not just incremental improvements.

Chapter 4 discusses how each of the organizations adopted new technologies and collaborative practices and benefited greatly. It also places the case studies within a broader framework that illustrates the value of Enterprise 2.0 for four different categories of user:

1. Strongly tied colleagues,

2. Weakly tied colleagues,

3. Potential collaborators who are not yet working together,

4. And professional strangers.

I am curious to get into the later chapters of this book. I know that these types of internet services have impacted and changed daily living for most people and businesses. I am just curious to see if the author will expound further than my understanding. I hope so.



No comments:

Post a Comment