Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Second Step

Today I ordered the two books required for my Knowledge Management course. They should provide further enrichment to both my knowledge and the content of this blog.

I also finished reading through the suggestions in the Does Accounting Account for Knowledge article. Kaplan's Balanced Scorecard and Skandia navigator both involved strategic, focus areas that a company would report to the investors (i.e. financial, customers, processes, learning and growth, etc). I believe this type of supplementary information could be useful, but it would require some of the elements that the value chain scorecard discussed. Investors would desire something quantitative, while auditors would require standardization and confirmation through empirical evidence. In my opinion, the best model would be a combination of Kaplan's balanced scorecard and the value chain scorecard.

I am still skeptical as to whether you could measure non-physical assets such as knowledge in a quantitative and standardized way. I would need further detail on this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment